(Redirected from Main Page~sk818/)
I am the Robert Sansom Professor of Computer Science in the Department of Computer Science and Technology at the University of Cambridge and a Fellow of Fitzwilliam College. I am a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, ACM, and IEEE.
Current work: Although I started out as a researcher in computer networking in 1988, since 2010 my focus has been on reducing the carbon footprint of energy generation, transportation, and buildings. I have recently been studying digital monitoring, reporting, and verification for trustworthy carbon credits, especially from avoided deforestation.
Here is a more detailed list of what I am currently working on.
Part II/ACS Projects: Here is a list of potential projects. I will be happy to supervise similar projects.
- Computer modelling helps researchers value the carbon storage potential of natural habitats
- Solace: Rapid response for urban heat emergencies
- Energy Transitions Video Series
- 4C wins Hall of Fame Better Future Award
- Seeing trees in new ways
- My former student, Prof. Aaditeshwar Seth at IIT Delhi has released a landmark book entitled "Technology and (Dis)Empowerment". I hope all technologists will read it!
Email: sk818 at cam dot ac dot uk . I do not respond to email on weekends or between 5:30pm and 9:00am, but during those times, if the email does not require me to do more than 20 minutes of work, you can expect a rapid response.