(Redirected from Main Page~sk818/)
Although I started out as a researcher in computer networking in 1988, since 2010 my focus has been on reducing the carbon footprint of energy generation, transportation, and buildings. For the past couple of years, I also worked on improving the performance of the Hyperledger Fabric blockchain so that it can be used as the foundation for highly-scalable energy systems, such as for transactive energy and renewable energy certificates.
I have recently turned my attention to the carbon sequestration and biodiversity potential of forests, looking at both conservation and restoration. At Cambridge, I look forward to working with students and collaborators who are interested in topics that lie broadly at the intersection of computer science and sustainability. If you are a prospective Ph.D. or Master's student, or a Part II student looking for a project in this area, please send me email.
Current work: Here is a more detailed list of what I am currently working on.
- Improving the throughput of Covid vaccinations
- Using mobile phone sensors and drones for a zero-carbon future
- ACM SIGENERGY formed
- Advice on moving conferences online
- Combining passions to combat climate change
- Skype: keshav-work
- Email: sk818 at cam dot ac dot uk (I do not respond to email on weekends or between 5:30pm and 9:00am, but during those times, if the email does not require me to do more than 20 minutes of work, you can expect a response before the end of the working day GMT.).