(Redirected from Main Page~sk818/)
I am the Robert Sansom Professor of Computer Science in the Department of Computer Science and Technology at the University of Cambridge and a Fellow of Fitzwilliam College. I am also an Adjunct Professor at the School of Computer Science at the University of Waterloo, and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, ACM, and IEEE.
Current work: Although I started out as a researcher in computer networking in 1988, since 2010 my focus has been on reducing the carbon footprint of energy generation, transportation, and buildings. I have recently been studying digital monitoring, reporting, and verification for trustworthy carbon credits, especially from avoided deforestation.
Here is a more detailed list of what I am currently working on.
Part II/ACS Projects: Here is a list of potential projects. I will be happy to supervise similar projects.
- My former student, Prof. Aaditeshwar Seth at IIT Delhi has released a landmark book entitled "Technology and (Dis)Empowerment". I hope all technologists will read it!
- Video of my presentation on carbon credits in the NGN seminar series
- Fitz Fellows spearhead new Cambridge Centre for Carbon Credits
- New Centre links computer and conservation scientists to support reforestation efforts
- Email: sk818 at cam dot ac dot uk . I do not respond to email on weekends or between 5:30pm and 9:00am, but during those times, if the email does not require me to do more than 20 minutes of work, you can expect a response before the end of the working day GMT.