(Redirected from Main Page~sk818)
I am the Robert Sansom Professor of Computer Science in the Department of Computer Science and Technology at the University of Cambridge and a Fellow of Fitzwilliam College. I am also an Adjunct Professor at the School of Computer Science at the University of Waterloo, and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, ACM, and IEEE.
Current work: Although I started out as a researcher in computer networking in 1988, since 2010 my focus has been on reducing the carbon footprint of energy generation, transportation, and buildings. I have recently been studying carbon sequestration and biodiversity potential of forests, looking at both conservation and restoration.
Here is a more detailed list of what I am currently working on.
Part II/ACS Projects: Here is a list of potential projects. I will be happy to supervise similar projects.
- Video of my presentation on carbon credits in the NGN seminar series
- Fitz Fellows spearhead new Cambridge Centre for Carbon Credits
- New Centre links computer and conservation scientists to support reforestation efforts
- BBC Crowdscience podcast: How can smart tech tackle climate change?
- Email: sk818 at cam dot ac dot uk . I do not respond to email on weekends or between 5:30pm and 9:00am, but during those times, if the email does not require me to do more than 20 minutes of work, you can expect a response before the end of the working day GMT.