How to Read a Paper
This two-page paper has received wide readership and several translations. Here is the latest version.
Unfortunately, the links in the paper to further reading are out of date. Here is a list of links from 2022 (thanks to Jovana Knezevic)
 S. Peyton Jones, Research Skills
 T. Roscoe, Writing Reviews for Systems Conferences
 H. Schulzrinne, Writing Technical Articles
 G.M. Whitesides, [https://intra.ece.ucr.edu/~rlake/Whitesides_writing_res_paper.pdf Whitesides’ Group: Writing a Paper
- The original (2007) version can be found here.
- Persian translation by Reza Gholizadeh Roshanagh.
- Korean translation by Woonghee Lee
- Chinese translation (on Zhihu) by Bingo Du
- Portuguese translation by Jessica Reinheimer De Lima
- French translation by Maya Keshav
- Japanese translation by Yusuke Shinyama. Here is another Japanese translation by Shin Watanabe
- Greek translation by Christos Milarokostas
- Turkish translation by Ismail Ari
- Assamese translation by Priyankush Deka
Here is a diagram by Anderson Araújo that illustrates the approach.
Iain McLean's paper review matrix based on the three-pass approach.